Your immune system is your first line of defence
Your body’s immune system is your first line of defence, like a surveillance system that operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, constantly monitoring and protecting your state of internal and external health. A healthy immune system is quickly able to detect and help defeat potential cold, flu or upper respiratory tract infection causing bacteria or viruses. An unhealthy immune system is not able to fight off these bacteria or viruses, leaving you and your family more vulnerable to colds, flu and mild upper respiratory tract infections.
Strengthening your immune system with herbs and nutrients
There are several herbs and nutrients that can help to strengthen your body’s immune system, and by doing so, can also help to relieve symptoms of colds, flu and mild upper respiratory tract infections.
- Medicinal mushrooms have a long traditional use in Chinese medicine to help maintain a healthy immune system, helping to strengthen the body’s defences, to relieve the symptoms of colds and mild upper respiratory tract infections, and to strengthen the lungs for the relief of coughs. See more here Mushroom 5 Complex.
- Vitamin D3 helps maintain a healthy immune system; vitamin D3 is the bioactive form of vitamin D found naturally in your body. A significant number of Australians are vitamin D deficient due to inadequate sun exposure and dietary intake, with the elderly at risk of a vitamin D deficiency. See more here Vitamin D3 1000.
- Echinacea supports healthy immune system function and provides symptomatic relief of colds, flu and mild upper respiratory tract infections, and may reduce the severity and duration of colds and flu. Echinacea is traditionally used to relieve congestion and fever. See more here Echinacea 4000 Complex.
- Olive leaf contains high levels of oleuropein, the key pharmacologically active component of Olive leaf thought to be responsible for its therapeutic activity. Olive leaf helps maintain a healthy immune system and is traditionally used for the relief of the symptoms of colds, flu and mild upper respiratory tract infections. See more here Olive Leaf.
- Zinc is an essential trace element that plays an important role in the immune response and a zinc deficiency is common in adolescents, the elderly, vegetarians, pregnant and lactating women. Zinc may assist in the management of mild upper respiratory tract infections and helps to provide relief from the symptoms of colds, as well as reduce the severity of colds. See more here Zinc Forte + C
- Vitamin C may reduce the risk of developing the common cold and regular supplementation helps to reduce the duration and severity of cold symptoms. Vitamin C is an antioxidant that helps protect the body from free radical damage and supports the healthy functioning of the immune system. See more here Vitamin C 1000 Plus Zinc & Bioflavonoids.