Women today have very busy lifestyles. Increasing demands of work and family life and busy ‘to do’ lists mean that you often get so focussed on ensuring that everyone else’s needs are met, you forget about caring for yourself and your health. Getting all of the nutritional support you need to perform at your best can be hard and over time your nutritional status may suffer. So, what are some of the main nutrients and herbs that support your general health and wellbeing from the inside out?
- B vitamins help convert proteins, fats and carbohydrates from the foods you eat into energy, so they help maintain energy production to support your busy lifestyle. B vitamins also support a healthy nervous system through their role in the production of hormones and neurotransmitters, and vitamins B5 and B6 support a healthy stress response in the body. Methylfolate and methylcobalamin (activated versions of folate and vitamin B12) maintain brain health, cognitive function, memory and mental recall. See Women’s Multi Plus Grape Seed 12000.
- Iron is required for cellular energy production as it facilitates oxygen transport from the lungs to the rest of the body via haemoglobin, the primary iron-containing protein found in red blood cells and supports nervous system health. Menstruation, pregnancy, absorption issues and inadequate dietary intake can all affect your iron status. See Organic Iron MAX.
- Vitamin D helps calcium absorption and a diet deficient in calcium can lead to osteoporosis in later life. Vitamin D supports bone health, density, strength and mineralisation in the general population and in post-menopausal women. Vitamin D also supports muscle function and strength. See Women’s Multi Plus Grape Seed 12000.
- Iodine is needed for the production of thyroid hormones to support healthy thyroid gland function. The thyroid gland is a butterfly shaped gland that sits underneath your voice box and regulates body temperature, basal metabolic rate, cellular metabolism and growth and development. See Women’s Multi Plus Grape Seed 12000.
- Antioxidants such as vitamins C and E, selenium, zinc, citrus bioflavonoids and Grape seed help reduce free radicals formed in the body. See Women’s Multi Plus Grape Seed 12000.