High protein superfood
Herbs of Gold Spirulina Organic 1000 contains Spirulina, a known superfood, and is ideal for sports people, vegans, vegetarians and those wanting an extra energy boost.
- Organically grown
- Low allergenic formula
- Vegetarian friendly
- Spirulina is a freshwater plant that provides the richest concentrations of beneficial nutrients known in any food or plant in a natural, easy to digest form.
- These nutrients include protein, chlorophyll, minerals, such as iron, phycocyanins, carotenoids, vitamins, gamma-Linolenic acid (GLA) and other unique phytonutrients.
- Spirulina is high in protein, containing between 55% and 77% by dry weight. It is a complete protein and contains all 22 essential amino acids.
- Chlorophyll is a green pigment that gives green plants their characteristic colour and traditionally has been used as a blood tonic, detoxifier and cleanser.
- Spirulina Organic 1000 contains a natural highly absorbable source of iron that does not constipate like some other forms of iron. Spirulina contains 10 times more iron than boiled spinach (per weight).
- Phycocyanin is one of the main blue-green pigments found in Spirulina and has potent antioxidant properties.
- The carotenoids are a family of compounds found in plant foods that can be converted in the body to vitamin A. The carotenoids have many functions in the body including promoting immune function as well as antioxidant actions. The most common carotene in foods is betacarotene. Spirulina contains more betacarotene than carrots.
- Spirulina contains gamma-linolenic acid (GLA), an essential fatty acid known for its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Spirulina is low in calories and fat.
- Spirulina Organic 1000 is organically grown in a natural environment, without the use of synthetic and artificial chemicals, pesticides and fertilisers. It is manufactured in Australia, where it undergoes stringent testing during the manufacturing process to ensure the purest, premium Spirulina is delivered to you.
We’re here to help
Subscribe to our newsletter
Keep up with the latest health news, recipes, new products and exclusive product sales from Herbs of Gold.