A quick and tasty no-bake treat for all the family to enjoy. High in protein and fibre, this makes an excellent snack for people on the go and makes a great base to add your own ingredients to mix things up a little.
- 1 cup natural peanut butter (or 1-1/2 cups natural almond butter)
- 3/4 cup organic honey
- 4 cups granola (choose your favourite pre-made granola flavour)
- 1 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips (divided)
What to do:
- Line a 23 x 30 cm baking dish with parchment paper or foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl or the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the peanut butter (or almond butter) and honey. Stir in the granola and oatmeal until well combined. Stir in ½ cup of the chocolate chips.
- Spread the mixture evenly into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup chocolate chips. Use a spatula or your hands with parchment paper under them to press down firmly all over the top of the mixture making sure the top is smooth and the mixture is as compact in the dish as possible.
- At this point, you can lift the bars out of the dish (using the edges of the foil or parchment paper) and immediately cut into bars with a sharp knife or you can cover the dish with plastic wrap and place the bars in the refrigerator to firm them up even more, about 30 minutes, before cutting them into bars. Store cut bars in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks or freeze them for later use.
Recipe from Maegan - The BakerMama at https://www.yummly.com/recipe/5-Ingredient-Granola-Bars-1263149?prm-v1&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=browse-email