An any morning, easy kind of breakfast to enjoy! Spelt flour gives these pancakes a nice nutty flavour base that makes the bananas and walnuts sing with a sprinkle cinnamon and a drizzle of maple syrup.
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp coconut oil for the pan
- 2 bananas, sliced
- Handful of walnuts
- Maple syrup
- Mix the spelt flour, baking powder, baking soda, coconut sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Add the almond milk, egg and vanilla and stir until combined; do not over mix.
- Place the bowl in the fridge for 15 minutes to set the batter.
- Place coconut oil in the pan and heat to medium heat. Use 1/4 cup of the batter for each pancake and cook in batches, adding additional oil as required. Cook the spelt pancakes for a total of 7 minutes; flipping after roughly 5 minutes when the top is bubbly and the bottom is golden brown.
- Serve your spelt pancakes hot; layer the pancakes with banana slices and walnuts and then drizzle with maple syrup to taste.
Adapted from a recipe at www.jesselanewellness.com