Bored with your usual breakfast choice of cereal or toast? Try these Blueberry Breakfast Biscuits packed with protein, oats for your nervous system, cinnamon for blood sugar balance and blueberries for an antioxidant boost. A quick, easy and ‘unboring’ way to start your day. You can freeze them for up to 3 months too!
- 2 ripe medium bananas, mashed (about 3/4 cup)
- 2 1/2 cups (200g) old-fashioned whole rolled oats
- 1 cup (250g) any nut butter
- 1/2 cup (60g) chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/3 cup (75g) honey
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup (190g) fresh or frozen blueberries (do not thaw frozen)
- Preheat oven to 325°F (163°C). Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- Add everything to a large bowl and mix together with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon until combined (or use a hand-held or stand mixer).
- Scoop mounds of dough, about ¼ cup each, onto baking sheets. 6 biscuits per baking sheet since they are so large. The biscuits won’t spread much in the oven, so gently press the mounds down to create a flatter shape.
- Bake for 18-21 minutes until lightly browned on the sides.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Biscuits will stay fresh in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Recipe from Sally’s baking addiction at https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2017/01/19/good-morning-sunshine-breakfast-cookies/