A delicious and nutritious soup packed with plenty of tasty herbs to keep you warm and cosy, especially during the cooler months. Low calorie, low fat and low carb!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 7 large carrots, peeled and chopped into rounds
- 1/2 medium brown onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated or minced
- 1 tbsp organic honey
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable stock
- Natural yoghurt and fresh coriander sprigs for garnish
What To Do
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Sauté the onions for about 5 minutes or until slightly brown. When the onions are brown, add the carrots and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Add the ginger, garlic, honey, turmeric, curry powder, paprika, cumin, red pepper flakes, and cayenne pepper into the pot of vegetables. Stir and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Slowly pour 4 cups of vegetable stock into the pot. Bring the mixture to a boil and turn the heat down to a low setting. Cover the pot and simmer for about 40 minutes, or until the carrots are tender.
- Blend the soup using a blender or food processor. When the entire pot is blended, check for consistency. If the soup is too thick, additional vegetable stock or water may be added.
- Add salt and black pepper to taste.
- Serve with a garnish of natural yoghurt and fresh coriander sprigs.