What’s not to love about these Chocolate, Hazelnut & Ginger Bars? Chocolaty goodness for an antioxidant and energy boost, complimented nicely with protein from hazelnuts, medium chain triglycerides (MCTs) from coconut oil and Ginger for a zingy taste sensation.
- 1 cup roasted hazelnuts
- ¼ cup peeled and chopped ginger
- 3 tsps organic honey
- ½ cup raw cacao
- ½ cup organic coconut cream
- ¼ cup coconut oil + 1 tsp of coconut oil
- ½ cup Medjool dates
- Optional extra’s: LSA, Chia seeds, shredded coconut, cacao nibs etc
WHAT TO DO
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, add 1 tsp coconut oil and ginger, stirring until ginger begins to soften. Add honey and continue to stir until crystalized. Remove from heat and stir through the roasted hazelnuts, coating well.
- In a food processor or high-powered blender, add raw cacao, coconut cream, ¼ cup coconut oil and dates (plus any optional extra’s you wish to add) and process or blend until smooth. Add a tablespoon of water if mixture isn’t smooth enough. Transfer to large mixing bowl.
- Mix through hazelnut ginger mix until well combined.
- Spread mixture evenly over a lined tray in a thin layer and place in the freezer to set for 30 minutes. To serve, break or slice.
Recipe from Food Matters.