Salmon, packed with protein and healthy fats, combined with a fragrant red curry, makes this dish a clear winner. Crispy Salmon Red Curry is so quick and easy to put together and provides some great warming herbs and spices and some great textures. You’ll keep coming back for more!
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 4 (about 200g each) salmon fillets, skin on
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup (100g) red curry paste
- 2 tsps fish sauce
- 1 lime, juiced
- 400mL can coconut milk
- Cooked jasmine rice, to serve
- Steamed green beans, to serve
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- Coriander leaves, to serve
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Drizzle half the oil over the salmon skin. Season with salt and rub into the skin. Add to the pan, skin-side down. Cook for 3-4 mins each side or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Heat remaining oil in the pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 3 mins until softened. Add the curry paste and cook, stirring, for 1 min or until fragrant. Stir in the fish sauce, lime juice and coconut milk. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 5 mins or until the sauce thickens slightly.
- Divide rice among serving bowls. Top with curry sauce and salmon. Serve with beans, spring onion, chilli and coriander.