Cauliflower, part of the cruciferous family of vegetables, is finally coming into its own. Crunchy Popcorn Cauliflower is easy to prepare, tastes delicious and is highly nutritious containing many vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Soft, sweet cauliflower meets the crunch of panko and parmesan – yum!
- 1 cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 organic, free-range egg
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsps coarsely chopped thyme sprigs
WHAT TO DO
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Cook the cauliflower in a large saucepan of boiling water for 5 mins or until just tender. Drain well. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the egg.
- Combine the breadcrumbs, parmesan, paprika and thyme in a large bowl. Add the cauliflower mixture and toss to combine. Arrange the mixture in a single layer over the lined tray. Spray well with olive oil spray.
- Bake, turning occasionally, for 20 mins or until cauliflower is golden brown and crisp. Serve warm.
Recipe from taste.com.au at https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/crunchy-popcorn-cauliflower/iz87i44n