It's never too cold or too hot for ice cream! This dairy and gluten-free ice cream treat combines healthy nut milks with honey and yoghurt for a low-allergy dessert treat. Serve with a delicious self -saucing pudding, fresh berries, crunchy granola or add to a smoothie to make a thick shake.
- 500 mL almond milk
- 500 mL hazelnut milk
- 4 tbsps sugar of choice
- 4 tbsps runny raw organic honey
- 500g yoghurt of choice
- Crushed toasted almonds to garnish
What To Do
- Place the almond milk, hazelnut milk, sugar and honey in a small saucepan and simmer over a low heat until the sugar has dissolved (do not allow the mixture to boil).
- Leave the milk mixture to cool, then whisk in the yoghurt.
- Place the mixture in an ice-cream maker and churn, following the manufacturer’s instructions, until thick and frozen.
- Remove to a medium bowl or freezer proof container and freeze for at least 1 hour to set.
- Perfect with crushed toasted almonds scattered over.