This is a great tasting, colourful dish that's so easy to prepare and cook, plus you only need one pan to cook it in! Ideal as a main meal for 2, or as a side dish for 4, this Easy Mexican Quinoa dish has it all; protein, fibre, spice and tartness from fresh lime juice.
- 1 tbsp virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 jalapeño chilli, finely chopped
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 420g can black beans, drained
- 400g roasted cherry or sundried tomatoes
- 1 cup corn
- 1tsp chilli
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ lime, juiced
- 1 small tomato, diced
- chopped coriander for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté the garlic and jalapeño in olive oil in a large pan for 1 minute.
- Add in quinoa, stock, black beans, roasted tomatoes, corn, chili, and cumin. Stir.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat to simmer and cover.
- Cook for 20 minutes, checking on it occasionally and stirring.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Top with lime juice, diced tomato and garnish with coriander.
Recipe adapted from http://www.aforkstale.com/easy-mexican-quinoa-recipe/