If you have leftover ham and vegetables this Christmas, and most of us do, change things up a little with this quick and easy Ham, Vegetable & Haloumi Frittata. Variety is the spice of life.
- 6 organic eggs
- 2 tbsps thickened cream
- 2 cups leftover cooked vegetables, such as pumpkin, potato, cauliflower or broccoli
- 2 cups leftover ham, chopped
- 4 spring onions, chopped,
- 180g haloumi, chopped
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves, to serve
- 1 spring onion, shredded, to serve
What to do
- Lightly whisk together eggs and cream in a large bowl. Spray a 22cm frying pan with oil and heat on medium. Add vegetables, ham and onion and cook for 2-3 mins, stirring constantly, until lightly browned.
- Preheat grill to high. Pour egg mixture over ham and vegetables, reduce heat to low and cook for 5 mins, or until frittata is set around the edge but still runny in the centre. Place pan under the grill and cook for 2-3 mins, or until golden brown and just set.
- Meanwhile, heat a small non-stick frying pan on high. Cook haloumi for 1-2 mins each side, or until crisp and golden. Slide frittata out of pan and top with haloumi, extra onion and coriander. Cut into wedges and serve.