It looks fabulous and it is fabulous! So easy to put together and you get to relax while it’s cooking. Noodle, Vegie & Herb Frittata provides a great combination of colourful vegetables and herbs combined with eggs for a nice amount of protein. Serve warm from the oven or cold next day with your lunch.
- 60g gluten-free vermicelli noodles
- 1 tbsp virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 large carrots, peeled, cut into zoodles (see tip)
- 2 large zucchini, trimmed, cut into zoodles (see tip)
- 1 corn cob, kernels removed
- 7 eggs
- 2 tbsps reduced-fat sour cream
- 250g box frozen spinach, thawed, squeezed of excess water
- 1 tbsp gluten-free sweet chilli sauce, to drizzle
- basil leaves, to serve
- 4 cups green salad, to serve
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar, to serve
WHAT TO DO
- Preheat the oven to 160°C. Line a 22cm round springform tin with baking paper or foil.
- Place noodles in a large heatproof bowl. Pour over enough boiling water to cover. Set aside to soak for 5 minutes, or until softened. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Heat half of the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Sauté onion for 1–2 minutes, or until softened. Add the garlic, carrot, zucchini and corn, and cook, stirring, for 2–3 minutes, or until vegetables are just softened. Set aside to cool.
- Whisk the eggs and sour cream together in a large bowl. Stir through the spinach. Place the cooled vegetables and noodles in the prepared tin. Pour over the egg mixture and arrange vegetables evenly.
- Bake frittata for 1 hour, or until golden and set in the middle. Slice into wedges and drizzle with sweet chilli sauce. Serve with salad, dressed with balsamic vinegar and remaining olive oil.
Recipe from Australian Healthy Food Guide at http://www.healthyfoodguide.com.au/recipes/2017/june/noodle-vegie-and-herb-frittata