This tasty Pumpkin, Spinach & Lentil Lasagne is so easy to make. Prepare steps 2 and 3 one night, and then put together and cook the next night. Serves 8 so that you can share with family and friends or freeze any leftover portions for an easy mid-week dinner.
- 1 tbsp virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 900g pumpkin, peeled, cut into 1.5cm cubes
- 2 x 400g cans brown lentils, rinsed, drained
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 690g bottle of Italian tomato passata
- 500g ricotta
- Good pinch ground nutmeg
- 375g packet fresh lasagne
- 120g packet baby spinach, trimmed, finely shredded
- 1 1/2 cups grated tasty cheese
WHAT TO DO
- Preheat oven to 190C (170C fan-forced). Grease a 26cm x 20cm x 6cm baking dish.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook the onion for 5 mins or until soft and lightly golden. Add the garlic and cook for 1 min. Add pumpkin, lentils and stock. Reserve 1 cup of the passata and stir the remaining passata into the pumpkin mixture. Cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat slightly and cook, covered, for 20 mins or until the pumpkin is tender and the mixture is thick. Transfer to a large bowl to cool slightly, then refrigerate until cold.
- Meanwhile, use a fork to mash the ricotta in a bowl. Stir in nutmeg. Season.
- Line the base of the prepared dish with a layer of lasagne sheets. Spread over half the pumpkin mixture, then top with another layer of lasagne sheets. Sprinkle with the ricotta mixture and use damp fingertips to spread evenly. Top with spinach, then cover with another layer of lasagne sheets.
- Spread over the remaining pumpkin mixture, then top with remaining lasagne sheets. Spread over the reserved passata to cover completely. Sprinkle with cheddar. (To freeze, see Note).
- Bake for 45 mins or until golden and cooked through. Serve with rocket.
Recipe from Taste.