Roasted Cauliflower Dhal makes a great meal on its own or you can match it with other protein sources such as fish, chicken or beef. Cauliflower, part of the Brassica family, plays an important role in helping your body detoxify while the lentils and beans provide some fibre and meat-free protein.
- 500g cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 tbsp virgin olive oil
- 1 large brown onion chopped
- 1/4 cup (75g) tikka masala curry paste
- 1/2 cup (120g) dried red lentils
- 2 cups (500mL) vegetable stock
- 220g green beans, ends trimmed
- 1/2 cup coriander sprigs
WHAT TO DO
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Arrange the cauliflower on the lined tray. Spray with olive oil spray. Season. Roast for 20 mins or until cauliflower is tender and golden.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 2-3 mins or until onion softens. Add the curry paste. Cook, stirring, for 1 min or until aromatic. Stir in lentils and stock. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 20 mins or until lentils are tender.
- Add beans to the lentil mixture with the roasted cauliflower. Stir until beans are tender. Top with coriander. Season.
Recipe from Taste.