It’s time for some colourful salads to grace your plate. This Taco Salad with Coriander Cream Dressing has it all; colour, crunch, flavour and plenty of healthy nutrients. Great served alone with some organic corn chips or add some fish or chicken to round out the protein.
Coriander Cream Dressing (makes 1 cup)
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked for 3 hrs or overnight)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup coriander
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 8 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups red cabbage, chopped
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/2 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- Organic corn chips
- Salsa (optional)
WHAT TO DO
Coriander Cream Dressing
- In a high-powered blender, combine all the ingredients until smooth and creamy. Refrigerate until ready to use. Dressing will keep for 5 days in the fridge.
- Wash and chop the romaine lettuce into bite sized pieces and toss in a mixing bowl with the red onion and 1/2 cup of the Coriander Cream Dressing. Put your dressed lettuce into your serving dish and add the red cabbage, tomatoes, and avocado on top.
- Combine the corn and black beans together (optional) and add that to the top of the salad. Drizzle with more Coriander Cream Dressing, if desired.
- Serve with corn chips and salsa on the side.
Makes 2 entreé sizes
Recipe from hotforfoodblog