This is a ‘veto’ (vegan & keto) version of the popular Thai noodle dish, Pad See Ew. Veto Pad See Ew is rich in nutrients and low-carbohydrate thanks to the konjac noodles and green vegetables. Tastes great for lunch or dinner, plus it’s quick and easy to make too!
- 350g broccoli florets
- 300g choy sum roughly chopped
- 25g spring onions sliced
- 500g organic tofu diced
- 80mL sugar-free BBQ sauce (Natvia is used by some brands as a sugar substitute)
- 4 tbsps tamari
- 1 tbsp sriracha (Thai hot or chilli sauce)
- 2 tsps sesame oil
- 1 packet konjac noodles (recipe uses Slendier - try your local health food store or supermarket)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Heat the coconut oil in a large saucepan and sauté the tofu until golden.
- Meanwhile mix tamari, BBQ sauce and sriracha in a small bowl and set aside.
- Add broccoli, choy sum and onion, noodles and sauce and stir fry until broccoli is tender.
- Remove from heat and stir through sesame oil.
- Serve and enjoy!
Recipe from Sadhana Kitchen at https://sadhanakitchen.com/recipes/2018/01/18/veto-pad-see-ew