Herbs of Gold Folic Acid Complex provides a daily dose of 500mcg of folic acid which, if taken daily for at least one month before conception and during pregnancy, may reduce the risk of having a child with spina bifida/neural tube defects. Contains co-methylcobalamin, the metabolically active form of vitamin B12 in the body.
- Preconception care
- Iodine for brain development
- Activated vitamin B12
Always read the label.
Follow the directions for use.
If symptoms persist, talk to your health professional.
- Provides a daily dose of 500mcg of folic acid, which if taken daily for one month before conception and during pregnancy, may reduce the risk of having a child with brain and spinal cord defects such as spina bifida/neural tube defects and anencephaly.
- Folic Acid Complex contains the active form of vitamin B12, co-methylcobalamin, which is more readily used by the body compared to other forms of vitamin B12, such as cyanocobalamin.
- Vitamin B12 is an important cofactor for folic acid function.
- Vitamin B12 is required for the synthesis of myelin, the protective sheath surrounding many nerves.
- Vitamin B12 helps maintain healthy cognitive function.
- Folic acid and vitamin B12 are important for healthy cell growth, replication and division.
- Vitamin B6 may help relieve morning sickness in pregnant women.
- Vitamin B6 maintains healthy immune function and is necessary for red blood cell formation.
- Iodine requirements are increased during pregnancy and lactation. Adequate iodine is necessary for healthy brain, skeletal and central nervous system development in fetuses and infants.
- Folic Acid Complex helps maintain a healthy cardiovascular system by maintaining healthy homocysteine metabolism.
- Vitamins B12, B6 and folic acid can assist in maintaining normal blood in healthy individuals.
- Vitamins B6 and B12 are required for healthy nervous system function.
- Vitamins B6 and B12 assist in the metabolism of carbohydrates, fats and proteins.
- The elderly, strict vegetarians and vegans are at increased risk of vitamin B12 deficiency.
We’re here to help
Subscribe to our newsletter
Keep up with the latest health news, recipes, new products and exclusive product sales from Herbs of Gold.